How a large Canadian broadcaster uses YEPCO to cover the Olympics more efficiently
The Olympics data feed is a great resource of information, though complex. The challenge was to make the information accessible to sports journalists and keeping up with the massive amount of data.
Major Pain Points
• Existing Avid system not built around sports
• More incoming content available than what could be covered
• Journalists asking for tools that are easier to use
• Massive amount of data
• System stability is very important
• Enhance existing system
• Create highlight edits automatically
• Embed YEPCO's great UX into the Avid system
• Add value to the existing workflows
• More than 30 sports covered
• Thousands of logs made accessible
• Dozens of journalists working simultaneously
YEPCO helped making the most of the Olympic Data Feed (ODF) data by creating highlight packages and excellent content easily in Avid MediaCentral Cloud UX.
Archery, Athletics, Baseball/Softball, Beach Volley, Canoe, BMX, Mountain Biking, Cycling Road, Equestrian, Golf, Hockey and Ice Hockey, Karate, Pentathlon, Rowing, Sailing, Surfing, Triathlon, Wrestling, and more...
Alpine Skiing, Biathlon, Bobsleigh, Cross-country skiing, Curling, Figure skating, Freestyle skiing, Ice hockey, Luge, Nordic combined, Short track speed skating, Skeleton, Ski jumping, Snowboarding, Speed skating